Monday, September 11, 2006

A Proper Glenda and Nathan's Wedding Post

I just thought i would post a proper wedding post as the first one I posted, I was a newbie to blogger had no clue to what i was doing.

As most, if not ALL of you know, Nathan (my husband.. hee hee.. so strange that I can say that now) and I tied the marriage knot on August 6th. It was a wonderful day full of fun, laughter and tears of joy It was a fantastic day and everything turn out exactly how Nathan and I imagined. Of course, we never would have been able to pull it off without our wonderful family and friends. Each and everyone one of you mean so much to both Nathan and myself. We are so grateful you were able to attend and participate in our wedding.

Firstly, I need to thank my awesome MC, Christine. You did an amazing job and we're so happy what you agreed to be our MC. It was a big task to take on and and you pulled it off with ease.


My girls! Rie, Dee and Eleana. Thanks for being there for everything!
Rie, thanks for doing an amazing speech. I know that you were stressing about it the night before the wedding you did a great job. Had me in tears :o) And it looks like you were in tears as well :oP
Dee, man, what can I say, you were my rock! You were there to handle all the issues that arose that day. You were so calm that I was able to remain calm myself. Thanks! Also, you mentioned before that you weren't going to cry cause you're the ROCK, well.. I saw a picture of you that may tell a different story.. hee hee... do I see a possible tear? :oP

Eleana, my dear cousin. I think you may have single handedly saved me from killing my photographer. LOL! Thank you for leaving the reception and coming with Nathan and I for pictures. You were awesome! I know we got some great shots and that's all because of you! I see that you and my mom decided to shake your 'thang' on the dance floor. Looks like your both have a great time! And of course, Emma. Even though you refused to you white dress, I think the red outfit was just as, if not more beautiful on you :o) Thank you for being cute as a button!

And I had to post this one up just cause it's super cute. Emma on Grandpa's shoulders.
And all the guys! You all looked hansome!
Honestly, I was not prepared for all of you to stand up and speak but I'm glad you all did. It made our day that much more special.
Adrian: Thanks for the awesome speech! Care bears and all!Chris: I love the "Glathan"! Classic!

Steve: Thanks for not getting toooo drunk and dancing like a mad man!

Dan: I know that 'someone' may have told you that a speech was madatory but it was actually optional.. hee hee. Thanks for getting up infront of friends and strangers and toasting us! I must say that you were the happiest groomsman ever. I have you smiling from ear to ear in every picture I have seen with you in it!

My mom, dad and Ken (my brother)
Thanks for everything! I know that my dad was having a tough day that day seeing his little girl get married off. I know he tried to tell me and everyone else that he had allergies and there was something in his eye, but we all new better. My mom was also my rock that day. And of course my brother. Thanks for taking care of all the family and being their own personal chauffeur. I don't think I would have been able to handle taking care of the famiy and be able to concentrate on the wedding. You and I both know that our family is a handful and I appreciate everything you did to make this day easier for both Nathan and I.

Ange, again, thank you for attending to the family. Like I mentioned about, they are a handful and when you put them ALL in a room together, they can become quite... umm... you know the word I'm looking for :o)
My aunts. Thanks to my Aunt Isabel (right) I was able to wear a traditional chinese dress. Through many meetings with her seamstress we were able to come up with the chinese dress/outfit you see below. And my Auntie Hayley, thanks for you support.
Excuse the wierd facial expression. I don't know what I was doing but it wasn't attractive.


Leah, Josh and Joel! Thanks for dealing with getting all the guests and getting them to sign the guest book and taking their pictures. Nathan and I both love the polaroid picture/guest book idea. The day went by so fast but it was great to reminisce with the guestbook.


As some of you may or may not know, Nathan and I had a second photo shoot at Hatley Castle during the September long weekend. Nathan and I got all dressed up again in our whites (my dress) and blacks (the tux) and we headed down to Hatley Castle for some more pictures. Nathan and I have always wanted to have our taken at the Castle so this was one thing we HAD to do. So with our talented photographer (Nathan's Dad) and his trusty assistant (Nathan's mommy), we posed and strutted our stuff at Hatley Castle and the gardens of Royal Roads.
We got some really nice shots.







The Potter's! Thank you for helping with everything on the day of the wedding and also taking time out to take pictures of Nathan and I at Royal Roads/ Hatley Castle. It means so much to us that you were able to do this. We appreciate it so very much!!!


I'm sorry if I missed anyone! But you all know I love ya!

2 comments:

Deedee said...

OMG!! First of all, those pictures of you and Nathan at the castle are beautiful...I had no idea you guys did that, and I think it's great - I want to see them all!! Second, I would like to say that though I admit I did get emotional watching you get married, no tears actually fell!! Lastly, I am glad I was a help to you on your big day - you have always been a huge support to me in all that I do, so I am glad I could return the favor.
Ross and Monica Forever!!

christine said...

oh glenda, that post is so amazing and your words so beautiful. i'm glad that we could be part of your day with you, it was so great to see everyone there, supporting and loving you and nathan! and joel asked me to say that he too was so thrilled to be there with you and that he was happy he could help out!