Friday, October 20, 2006

Honeymoon Pictures!

Alright... here we go!
I went through just half of our picture collection and here are some pictures from our honeymoon. Enjoy! :o)

The very happy honeymooning couple on their lovely vacation


The cruise ship offers a deal on beers. 6 beers for the price of 5 and they are served in a football helmet...sooo... it was a no brainer.... "bring on the beer!" :o)


Nathan after the several helmet of beers

There were shows every night of our cruise and one night we had fantastic Chinese Acrobat performers on board. They were awesome. Here is one lady twirling round mats with her feet. It was crazy!


Our first port was in Acapulco. We left the nice air conditioned ship for 32 degree C. Man! We were sweating as soon as we stepped foot outside. We went on a city tour in Acapulco. We went to fort of san diego and we went to see the cliff divers. It was so scary watching as the divers climbed up the crazy cliffs (as you will see the picture below. Look for the man in the blue speedo). It's almost like a "where's Waldo", but he's there. After watching the cliff divers we did some shopping (my favorite past time).




Our second port was in Mexico was in Zihuatanejo/Ixtapa. This is where I swam with the dolphins!!! It was so much fun! I had so a great time and I'll never forget it! Nathan stayed on the side lines and took pictures.
Here I was beeing pulled by a dolphin.
And here, I was getting pushed by my feet by 2 dolphins. I had to not bend my legs, make sure my arms were out straight and arch my back. I have to say it was hard to remember all these things while knowing that dolphins were going to come under my feet and push me out of the water.


















Our next port was in Puerto Vallarta. It was so much different than the other ports we had. You can definitely tell that PV was geared for tourists. We took a guided bus tour through the city and we went to a tequila factory and had a fiesta with dancers and more food!


















And at the tequila factory, we were able to taste 7 different kinds of tequila: white, regular, dark (aged), blackberry, coffee, apple and almond. I have to tell ya, after tasting those samples, I was sure feeling warm and fuzzy but it isn't from the heat! My fav was almond and coffee... Dee: the almond tasted like "christmas in a bottle" BUT BETTER!!! Here is Nathan holding our plastic shot cups.


















The table of liquor! Yummy tequila liquor! Mmmm...




















Last stop was in Cabo San Lucas. For this port we decided to not do a city tour but to go relax at a resort. We went to a really nice resort and layed in the sun, swam in the ocean, swam in the pool, went parasailing, rented a ski-doo and putted around the ocean, and ATE!!!
The beautiful ocean! it's a wonder I actually came home.

Nathan parasailing! And yes, that's our cruise ship in the background!

These are sunbed to lay on with a pillow rather than laying on the sand. In the picture, you can see a man in white in the background, he and many other people were just walking up and down the beach selling garments and hats and anything else you can imagine.




Nathan at the swim up bar.



Another shot of the resort. Here you see the little hut like things where you can just lay and enjoy the shade and soak up the surroundings around us.



And I met an actual Mexican Chihuahua!!!tee hee!



Our last port has come and gone so we got kicked off the ship but our vacation does not just end there. We got kicked off the ship in LA so we took the opportunity to look around LA and see the sites. One of the MUST SEE places was of course DISNEYLAND!!! Since Halloween is just around the corner, Disney was set up with the Halloween!!!


We got a 3 day pass so we took advantage of that since our hotel was just down the street. We went back in the morning and had breakfast and I got mickey pancakes!!!
Tooo cool!!!


And I couldn't resist going to Disneyland and not getting myself some mouse ears. I wanted Mrs. Potter written on the back of my mouse ears but I was only allowed one name so I got "Potter" written on the back. I'm trying to be a mouse.


We also stopped off at Disney's California Adventures! The place was just full of rides and the roller coster was nathan's favorite! I couldn't go on the rides. Both nathan and I got sick towards the end of the cruise and I still wasn't feeling well.


And of course, we couldn't go to Disney and not go to Universal Studios!
Nathan riding the Terminator bike.


HOLLYWOOD here we come! We made a trip to hollywood blvd. and did a tour of the stars homes, well.. it was more like their gates but you get the idea.. LOL!
Does anyone remember this home???... does fresh prince of bel air ring a bell???


We went to Mann's Chinese Theatre.



And I found John Travolta's star :o)


The San Diego zoo was our last stop before heading back to Canada. We saw so many cool animals but I have to saw the best was the polar bear and of course PANDA BEARS!!! It was so cool seeing the polar bears. They were so close, just on the other side of the plexy glass.


The baby panda just hung out on the trees the whole time we were there. So very cute!!! I think he was just over 1 year old.

Thanks for looking!!! :o)

7 comments:

Deedee said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Deedee said...

Great pictures babe! It looks like you had so much fun. I am so jealous that you swam with dolphins - that rocks.

Deedee said...

lol....by the way, I am the person who wrote then deleted a comment...it's early, Em's had me up for hours, and after I posted it I noticed it was riddled with spelling mistakes :)

Anonymous said...

Awesome pictures and it definitely looks like you guys had such a great time!

Shauna said...

The TERMINATOR BIKE??? THAT IS SO COOL! I am jealous of Nathan.

Looks like you had a great time, and I'm glad my peeps are home safe.

christine said...

your trip looks too cool! congrats on a successful honeymoon full of sun, sand, and surf (and helmets of beer!). everything looks so fun - and those dophins are too funny! it must be hard to be back at work after that much fun...

Glenda-Bean said...

Thanks guys! Ya! it sucks being back but we gotta pay the bills sooner or later.. haa haa! Saving up for our next trip.... VEGAS BABY!!!