Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Baby-bean is 12 weeks old!

As we don't know the sex of the baby yet and we won't know until further along in the pregnancy, I have decided to nickname him/ her, Baby-bean! I think it's a fitting name. Don't you? After all, Dee did name little Emma "peanut" before the sex was identified. This way, we're still keeping in the legume family :o)

I had my doctors appointment yesterday and we tried to listen to the baby's heartbeat and we were able to hear it so I was sent to get an ultrasound this afternoon. Everything is great! The baby is a little younger than we had thought. Baby-bean is only 12 weeks old now. Making the birthdate of December 17th! REALLY close to Christmas! We heard the heartbeat and we even got to see the heart beat. It was so weird, but AWESOME! I even got a picture to share with you all. I tried scanning the pic but it didn't turn out too well. I'm going to post it anyway cause I'm excited!!! :o) I'll try to find a better scanner and re-scan it!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ooooh, this is all so exciting! Are you still really tired or do you feel "normal"?

christine said...

baby bean!!! i love it!!
how exciting that must have been for you to hear the heartbeat and see baby bean for the first time!

Deedee said...

Awww...I am going to call your child Baby Bean until it is big enough to stop me.
I am so excited for you that you were able to see and hear your bean for the first time.
Have I told you yet that I expect a copy of that ultrasound for my fridge? Well, I do!!

Anonymous said...

So i hope you know, that in another week, I will begin really hounding you for updates~!!!....

I mean.. REEEEEALlY hounding you~!.. Just putting it out there as a warning

leahc said...

I can't believe I am just seeing this - I'm so bad at checking blogs! You can already tell from the ultrasound that your baby is just going to be the cutest, most perfect little bean ever:-)