Monday, May 19, 2008

Back from Vancouver

We survived a week in the big city!

The Potter's headed over to Vancouver last week and a good time was had by all. It was a busy trip visiting with many people. We left the island on Sunday which was also Mother's Day. Happy 1st Mother's Day to me!!! Aidan got me a card and I was treated to a wonderful buffet lunch on the ferry. Once we docked at Tsawwassen we headed straight to the hotel in downtown Vancouver. We stayed at the Days Inn and they gave us a 2 room hotel room which was nice. I was able to put Aidan to bed in one room and Nathan and I hung out in the other room. Also, I got a bed all to myself!!! Woo hoo!

We had visits with cousin Eleana and Craig on Monday at their house. Eleana is very pregnant and very cute! She's due in late August. We're all excited about the birth of their little one and finally finding out the sex of their baby! Congrats guys!

Aidan and I met Nathan for lunch on Tuesday at Pacific Centre mall on Tuesday. That mall has to be one of the most confusing malls I've ever been to. It stretches over 3 blocks with many different levels which makes cruising with a stroller a little more difficult. BUT they have a Holt Renfew! That was an experience I will never forget. There were so many bags from designers like Dolce and Gabana, Coach, Channel, Luis Vuitton, and etc. I was in heaven! I had to leave before I did something really stupid and purchase one of those bags that cost a years salary. Later that night, we went for all you can eat sushi with Ange and Christine. It was AWESOME!!! I love all you can eat sushi! We should open a place like that here in Victoria. I can't stop thinking about it!

Wednesday we spent the day with yee-ma, yee-po and cousin Ange and Eugene. We went for dim sum and shopping at Coquitlam Centre. A H&M finally opened there and we had to check it out.

Thursday Mommy and Aidan took at trip to Ikea! It was Aidan's first trip ever to an Ikea and I think he had a good time. Obviously the children's section was his favorite and he took a liking to a stuffed soccer ball so Mom had to get it for him. I think we have a future Beckham on our hands :o) The trip from Ikea back into town was not so fun. There were 3 different accidents on the Knights street bridge it was so backed up. I was so scared! I thought I was going to be stuck in traffic for hours but luckily we ended up taking the Oak street bridge and it was smooth sailing. I was reminded about how Vancouver traffic sucks! We also went out for dinner with cousin Eleana at Steamworks that night. I had some good prawns wrapped with wonton wraps. Yumm!!!

Friday afternoon we had a night lunch with Christine on a patio since it was such a nice day. I think it was 25 degrees that day. Woo hooo SUMMER!!! Christine had to go back to work so Aidan and I took a stroll along Robson street! All I have to say is WOW! We stopped by stores like Hermes, Coach, Tiffany's and OMG! THE STORES!!! We were suppose to meet up with uncle Adrian and antie Jessica that night but they ended up getting tickets to Kids in the Hall. I love kids in the hall! We might be heading back out there in August so we might see them then.

Saturday, we heading back to the island. It's nice to be back :o) Home sweet home. I wanted to take more pictures but I kept forgetting the camera at the hotel :o( I would do a better job next time.

Daddy and Aidan on the ferry.

2 comments:

Deedee said...

Welcome Home!
I am glad you guys had so much fun, and that you got to show off Aidan's cute self all over Van!

christine said...

what a cute little man! It was so nice seeing all of you, and I can't wait for our next all you can ate experience!