Monday, June 23, 2008

Renovations are the death of me!

The Potter's house is currently embarking on some bathroom gutting and renovations. It's a little bittersweet for me. I'm loving that our bathroom is getting a much needed upgrade but our family has to move out to the in-laws for a week while reno's are being completed. They live in Sooke so it's been tough driving in and back from town with a little one in the back. *sigh* While I've been promised that the reno's will take a week, the "glass half empty" side of me was anticipating that the reno's were going to take more than a week and I was right :o( Turns out there was extensive water and ant damage... which is throwing off the timelines. Looks like we won't be home until Thursday?!!!

Being in Sooke has been fine. We're staying in a big house with waterfront. We get our meals cooked for us, and big screen tv BUT it's not my house. Yes, our house is old and small and we have to make our own meals but it's ours and I love it. I never really appreciated our house until now. I just want to be home so bad! Those with little ones understand how important routine is and with all this moving, change in environment and driving it's been taking a toll on poor little Aidan. Cross your fingers we'll back soon.

Enough with my whining. In other news, Nathan celebrated his first Father's day a few Sunday's ago. Daddy got up with Aidan and spent some good quality time with his son while mum slept in (what a good husband :o) Aidan got daddy a "World's Greatest Dad" coffe mug with Aidan's handprint on it and a card. We had bbq steak for dinner that night. Yumm! Del monaco steak from Glenwood meats. This was always the steak Rob and Lance got and they obviously knew what they were talking about. Yummmm!!!


That's all for now. I'm going to go to my room and sulk for awhile :o( *cliking my red sandals together* "There's no place like home!".

No comments: