Friday, March 12, 2010

My AMAZING Olympic experience!

Again, I'm a bad blogger.

It's been over a month since my last post. Many adventures have been experienced since then.

February 12th was the beginning of the 2010 Vancouver Winter Olympics. I was fortunate enough to venture to Vancouver and join in on the Olympic festivities. Aidan stayed home with daddy so I had a kid-free weekend. I had so much fun and I'm seriously thinking about bringing Aidan over to Vancouver to enjoy some Paralympics beginning March 12th (today). I think Aidan would have a wonderful time.

Ange and I got tickets to attend the Canada vs. Switzerland men's hockey game, Thursday February 18th. I have to say that it was one of the most thrilling and amazing experiences of my life! The atmosphere in the arena and the energy was unreal! Everyone was so pumped and full of excitment. An experience of a life time. Thanks again Ange for getting us those awesome tickets! Our seats were 10 rows behind the Canadian players bench! I could smell the sweat :o) Haa haa! The game itself was great to watch. The game went into overtime AND sudden death shoot out. Final score 3-2 CANADA!!! WOOO HOOO! GO CANADA GO!

The remaining 3 days I spent enjoying the wonderful festivities around the Vancouver and Richmond area. I visited the Heineken Holland house in Richmond, the O-zone in Richmond to see the Canadian group Our Lady Peace play live on an outdoor stage, visited some of the exhibition house such as Yahoo and the Bell ice cube, Robson square and the outdoor ice rink. It was busy EVERYWHERE but a good busy.


Ange and I about to hop on the bus to downtown Vancouver to experience some AWESOME Olympic hockey!




And the crowd goes wild!



After the game and I'm gesturing that we're number ONE! :o)



The Olympic torch!



Traveled to Granville Island and I climbed through a picture ;o)



Enjoying some Our Lady Peace tunes at the O-Zone in Richmond. They were so good!




The crowds lining up outside GM Place waiting to enter into the arena to watch the Canada vs. USA hockey game. Unfortunately we lost this game BUT we proved our abilities and WON the GOLD metal game on the final day of the Olympics!



Aidan proudly supporting Team Canada while wearing his Canada jersey!



So many more pictures I would like to post but there is just too many. Just believe me when I say that attending the Winter Olympics has been a dream of mine since I was little and my dream has finally come true. It was an experiece of a life time. This has been crossed off my bucket list. What's next on my bucket list you ask? Well... there is travelling to Greece, Vegas, re-introduce myself to the violin again (I know! An Asian playing the violin, surprise, surprise. But I really enjoyed it and want to take it up again), learn to play the guitar, one day own my very own and authentic designer hand bag and the list goes on.

No comments: