Monday, October 29, 2007

Potter's House in Reno Mode

It's been a couple of weeks since my last post and I'm surprised I haven't received any harrassing emails or comments from Cindy yet :oP

Life has been pretty busy here. The renovations to the backroom have really been coming along. The walls have been painted and the laminate flooring is approx. 90% completed. We hope to move the furniture to the back room this weekend! :o) I didn't think this day would ever come! As I haven't been allowed in the backroom due to the dust and etc. I haven't been able to take any pictures until now. But just picture shag carpet and terrible 80's wood paneling before. So here's some pics of the room almost complete. I'll post another one when the room is furnished.









My wrists have been bothering me for the past while and I finally went to the physiotherapist who specializes in hands and wrist about it (recommended by my doctor). Turns out that I have not only carpal tunnel syndrome but I also have dequervain's tenosynovitis. So I have to wear a splint for every day and every night for the next little while. I call it my 'storm trooper' arm! I can't begin to tell you how annoying it is wearing the splint. I've been bad and haven't been wearing it at work as I can't type or use the mouse with it on not to mention it's not the most attractive thing ever. I'm starting to get the same syptoms in my left wrist but I was able to get convince the physiotherapist not to give me a splint in my other arm. I would need to get a storm trooper helmet if I had a splint in both arms. Apparently both carpal tunnel and dequervain's tenosynovitis are quite common for pregnant woman so that makes me feel a little better knowing that I'm not the only one :o) I'll have to get people to sign my splint when I see you all :o)



Introducing a new addition to the family... my new glider chair! I have named her Big Red! It's such a comfy chair and it's all mine! Thanks mom! :o)


Only 14 more working days until I leave on maternity leave! Yee ha!

2 comments:

Deedee said...

Only 14 more days?? Wow! That rocks, you must be getting so excited!

Anonymous said...

K SOOO many things to say here..

Lets start with~!.. What are you implying about me?? You should be flattered that I visit so frequently and enjoy reading the life and times or Mrs. Potter. :P

Secondly.. ya lets talk about the Storm Trooper arm~!. I think that you should have got both, then your costume would have been mostly done~! :P

With your Trooper arms and my Vader thumb it is no wonder we are friends. We should get together and I will put on the ol’ Vader Thumb and we can walk around d/t so if we can get hit on. Lol

The room looks great~!