Thursday, October 11, 2007

Happy Belated Turkey Day!

I hope everyone had a fabulous Thanksgiving fill with good fun, great company and a full tummy! This year we had the pleasure of enjoying TWO Thanksgiving meals. We went to the in-law's on Saturday and my yee-mah's on Tuesday. Fantastic meals at both locations and Nathan pretty much had to roll me into the car after each meal. I stuffed my face and tummy really well :o)


I had my doctor's appointment on Tuesday and it was confirmed that baby bean weighs 3 pounds 13 ounces! Holy moly! I knew he was growing but I didn't think he was going to be 3lbs now! But that's good news cause it mean's he's growing and all is well!

Yesterday was a glorious day! I put in my "formal" notice to my work for maternity leave! I took great pleausure in pressing the "send" button and watching the email zip away! :o) My last day at work is November 15th and I have to tell ya, I can't wait! It's getting harder and harder for me to drag my butt out of bed in the morning and come to work. Then to sit at work for 8 hours with a crate under my desk so I can put up my feet to relieve the strain in my cankles. Also, my concentration is out the window! I can't concentrate on anything else but the baby coming *Sigh* Only 4 more weeks to go :o)
This is me on my last day of work!

We're finished the prenatal portion of our classes. We have moved onto the newborn portion now. It's pretty interesting. Next week we have a 2 hour class on breastfeeding :o) During our class this week, we were given a 'prediction survey'. The questions and our answers are as follows:

1. Date & time of birth? - We picked the due date December 15/ 10:51pm. We figure that the odds are pretty good given that out of all the dates they could pick, they picked the 15th.
2. Baby's weight? - 8lbs 2 ounces
3. Hair colour? - Black
4. Amount of hair? - A lot
5. Eye colour? - Brown
6. Resemblance? - Me! - I hope so. I'm pretty darn cute. So is Nathan but I'm cuter :o)

Anyone have any guesses?

1 comment:

Deedee said...

Yay!!
Glad you're enjoying the newborn portion of the prenatal class - just a tip for the breastfeeding one: Don't stress it. They cover all the problems/issues that can come up, and discuss how hard it can be,and it can be freaky, but it's not like that for everyone...you just need you and your baby, and you'll figure it out. There. I have have shared my limited wisdom.
Anyway, I am super excited for you as things get closer and you get to go off work!! Yay again!!
Oh, and my birth day guess is December 22nd (sorry).