Saturday, August 13, 2011

Name-that-tune or Pick-a-pic

I'm going to start a new ongoing weekly post called "Name that tune" or "Pick a pic" where every week I pick a random song/video or picture and comment on it. It's all going to be random so it's all going to be a surprise... Even me !

This week it's going to be Name-that-tune.



I have so many memories of this song blaring over my tiny speaker system in my micro Nissan micra. I had my girls ((Dee, Rie and Jana) in the car and we turned up the music so loud the speakers would be rattling from the vibrations. But we didn't care because the sound of us singing over music would mask the sound of the rattling. The year was 1996, I believe, one year before our high school graduation. We were young, energetic and just liked to drive around. We drove everywhere. Anywhere there was a paved road, we would drive. Actually, we would drive non-paved road too because there were no limits for us. We were young and care-free. Love my gals!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

2 comments:

Deedee said...

The music had barely started, and I was transported back in time - to sitting in the passanger seat, smoking a cig & sining along. LOVE IT!
The new blog design is super cute too. xoi

Sylvia W. said...

Oh my! I recognized Roger Mooking from Heat Seekers, then had to google before learning that it's Bass is Base, I Cry (Beautiful). Wow! 1996, those were the days, 15yrs ago!